Author Topic: The Absent Father  (Read 8501 times)

Offline Dove on a Branch

• View Profile
Re: The Absent Father
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2015, 09:42:09 AM »
Words will never reach you, only the SPIRIT can do that. Until then it is all just presumption.
And what of their testimony, without the SPIRIT it is not valid as Jesus said regarding the pharisees. Without the testimony of the  FATHER through the SPIRIT in our lives our testimony is nothing.
So this generation is like a tavern where SPIRIT's are not allowed they pour the same old flat soda saying Jesus, Jesus but discard the SPIRIT, pretending they believe while never having the witness of the SPIRIT as to what they believe. Their prayers do not penetrate. They act as though they hear but they really don't possess an ear (YOU/SPIRIT are my possession, therefore I am yours) to hear. This is what Jesus was saying about a testimony without the SPIRIT. So say the same thing over and over about Jesus saying the words, I am the way, the truth and the life but never know the FATHER through the SPIRIT that was giving those words to the son at that moment to speak them. If Jesus was to speak the words written by scribes without getting them from the FATHER through the SPIRIT then the miracles and synchronicities would not have taken place in their sight. And believe me, they thought he was arrogant because they could not see the SPIRIT but only the flesh. So it was the witness of the SPIRIT in his life that made him seem arrogant to those that hated him, but really they never knew the true intentions of the heart. They judged, while he did not judge them, but they never knew ME says the SPIRIT. So let the argument end before it leads to sin/separation. She/he who looks for an argument and does not seek peace is to live an eternity of that hell. And just conclude that we don't see eye to eye (because the SPIRIT is needed to unite us) and we will leave this struggle and wait for the SPIRIT to move/reach them.

Offline Moabite Raider

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 03:09:20 PM »
All men are created equal.
God doesn't select who is going to be great.
Spirit does not possess.
That's what I think.

You can believe whatever you want, just as you can deny whatever you want.  Neither your belief  in something nor your denial of something have any effect on what is or isn't true.

What you believe in this regard might be constitutional, but it isn't scriptural. I could give you plenty of examples which you could choose to deny, opting to believe in your own notions -- as is your constitutional right, but it wouldn't make you right. It's what's in a man that counts.  God does choose, Spirit does posess and men are not created equal, nor do they remain equal after their creation.  Being made in the image of the one who chooses, men too choose to become what they will.

Jesus was chosen not because he was special, but because he was common. He was given as another example of the least being chosen and filled and used. He was chosen to demonstrate and declare who or what God is....

In a way, The Spirit of God, which we refer to as the Christ filled Jesus and in this way the man Jesus became the Word of God.  God spoke through Jesus to mankind, and the way Jesus responded to His Voice became our example... The Way for us to respond.

The life of Jesus becomes the lens through which we look to see God. Jesus is God for dummies.

Offline LittleLight

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2015, 06:01:38 PM »
All men are created equal.
God doesn't select who is going to be great.
Spirit does not possess.
That's what I think.

You can believe whatever you want, just as you can deny whatever you want.  Neither your belief  in something nor your denial of something have any effect on what is or isn't true.

What you believe in this regard might be constitutional, but it isn't scriptural. I could give you plenty of examples which you could choose to deny, opting to believe in your own notions -- as is your constitutional right, but it wouldn't make you right. It's what's in a man that counts.  God does choose, Spirit does posess and men are not created equal, nor do they remain equal after their creation.  Being made in the image of the one who chooses, men too choose to become what they will.

Jesus was chosen not because he was special, but because he was common. He was given as another example of the least being chosen and filled and used. He was chosen to demonstrate and declare who or what God is....

In a way, The Spirit of God, which we refer to as the Christ filled Jesus and in this way the man Jesus became the Word of God.  God spoke through Jesus to mankind, and the way Jesus responded to His Voice became our example... The Way for us to respond.

The life of Jesus becomes the lens through which we look to see God. Jesus is God for dummies.

The spirit that incarnated as Jesus existed for a long time before his life as Jesus.
We are all spirit and have lived before.
Men choose to become what they will, but all men are created equal.
God loves all things equally.
The closer you are to God the more of God's love do you feel.
The Spirit of God 'spoke' through Jesus because of their close relationship.
Jesus did not lose himself and become possessed.
The 'least being chosen' is a lesson in humility.
The proud and self-righteous cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.
waking up is hard to do

Offline Moabite Raider

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »
Maybe so... You'll have to determine for yourself what to believe in this regard, in the end it matters little whether Jesus was an ordinary man, filled and used in an extraordinary way or whether he was the reincarnation of one who had come before. One of the most interesting examples of how these things might understood comes from the nativity story of John, before Jesus.  John's birth was foretold and even his name was given beforehand.  He was said to have been filled with the Spirit of God even while still in his mother's womb (Luke 1) and he was set apart with a vow that predetermined what he would become. Of him it was said by Jesus that there were none greater and that he was in fact the coming of Elijah that people of the day had been expecting.

Secondly, if this Spirit was something Jesus was, and not something that he was filled with, how is it that this Spirit departed him while he remained?  How was he forsaken by God?

You don't think that the Holy Spirit of God comes and goes at will?

Offline LittleLight

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 12:04:39 PM »
Maybe so... You'll have to determine for yourself what to believe in this regard, in the end it matters little whether Jesus was an ordinary man, filled and used in an extraordinary way or whether he was the reincarnation of one who had come before. One of the most interesting examples of how these things might understood comes from the nativity story of John, before Jesus.  John's birth was foretold and even his name was given beforehand.  He was said to have been filled with the Spirit of God even while still in his mother's womb (Luke 1) and he was set apart with a vow that predetermined what he would become. Of him it was said by Jesus that there were none greater and that he was in fact the coming of Elijah that people of the day had been expecting.

Secondly, if this Spirit was something Jesus was, and not something that he was filled with, how is it that this Spirit departed him while he remained?  How was he forsaken by God?

You don't think that the Holy Spirit of God comes and goes at will?

Hi again.
If his Spirit departed him then his body would be an empty shell, wouldn't it?
I think that the Spirit of God is in everything.
If we are close to God then we have a much greater connection and feeling of the Holy Spirit.
What we have is free to misuse, which is called sin, which eventually leads to sorrow.
I think we are here to learn, why else would we be here?
We are faced with a life predicament.
It seems like a long time, but it's not really.
Some people die at a young age, for one reason or another.
The nature of God must be Love, Sympathy, Kindness, what else could it be?
God loves us and hopes that we learn what love is, what God is, what we are.
God does not want us to create weapons, that's for sure.
We should not take revenge, especially in the name of God.
We should look forward with hope every day.
I don't think God gets angry and punishes people or nations.
That happens automatically, individually and collectively we punish ourselves through our errors.
waking up is hard to do

Offline Moabite Raider

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 03:08:22 PM »

Hi again.
If his Spirit departed him then his body would be an empty shell, wouldn't it?

There's a couple of ways to look at this...  If you see yourself as a house (of God), or a temple of the Spirit, for example, then you might better grasp the idea of Presence, of coming and going, of being filled, being empty, and of coming and going.  If you were a house on God's Sesame Street, and seven spirits lived in you, and one left, how many spirits would remain? 

We see stories like this throughout the gospels-- 'the Spirit' descending upon Jesus and lighting on him after John baptized him, Mary of whom it was said that Jesus had cast out seven spirits, the story of the man who had a demon cast out only to have seven worse demons return with the one cast prior.

But yes-- an empty house would be an empty shell.

I think that the Spirit of God is in everything.
If we are close to God then we have a much greater connection and feeling of the Holy Spirit.
What we have is free to misuse, which is called sin, which eventually leads to sorrow.
I think we are here to learn, why else would we be here?
We are faced with a life predicament.
It seems like a long time, but it's not really.
Some people die at a young age, for one reason or another.
The nature of God must be Love, Sympathy, Kindness, what else could it be?
God loves us and hopes that we learn what love is, what God is, what we are.
God does not want us to create weapons, that's for sure.
We should not take revenge, especially in the name of God.
We should look forward with hope every day.
I don't think God gets angry and punishes people or nations.
That happens automatically, individually and collectively we punish ourselves through our errors.

It's difficult to understand the nature of God while trying to reconcile seemingly contradictory concepts like love and mercy, sympathy and kindness versus justice.  I don't grasp on to the idea of 'revenge' either, but any father understands justice as a consequence for actions absent of love, mercy, sympathy and kindness.  -as you said we learn while we are here.

God spoke through the prophet Hosea and said- "I am God and not a man-- the Holy One among you.  I will not come in wrath."

He also said- when people turn away from him, they are left to wander, not forced back into line.  Isn't that also love?

--Which might bring me to the end of this first blog...  If God seem absent, who likely moved?

Offline LittleLight

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2015, 06:19:37 PM »
I think one spirit incarnates into a body at birth, and leaves when the body dies.
And when another time and place is suitable, the spirit incarnates into another newborn body.
As for the Holy Spirit, that may be a special messenger sent from God,
or that may be something a person receives when they are in tune with God.
But it does not possess the body and replace the spirit that is there.
It is possible for a person to become possessed by negative spirits,
but I think they have to allow that to happen, and it would be a sign of madness.
That's what I think, I could be wrong.
As for the Bible, my interest has been mainly on the Gospels.
I've never been able to get into the old testament.
In fact I do not think it is necessary to read the old testament.
The story of Jesus provides all that is necessary to gain all that
need be gained from reading the bible.

IMO God's laws/rules/way that govern all do not change.
They are built into the system and there is only one system governing all of creation.
Demonic egoic influences would like to convince man that isn't so,
convince man that he has the power to design his own laws, and that anything goes.
In other words, if you can do it, and get away with it, it's ok.

You could say that Jesus was sent by God to teach mankind the Truth about reality.
IMO Jesus does not want anyone to worship him, only God is worthy of worship.
Only the Truth manifest through Jesus is worthy of worship.
When he said 'I am the Way', I don't think he was referring to his person.
He was talking about the Way of God that is within all of us that is being discovered.
Jesus had made that discovery, which he demonstrated by his life and sacrifice.
No one comes to the Father except by also making that discovery.
By making it their way of life and sacrifice.
Easy to say, not so easy to do, and yet available to all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:37:20 PM by LittleLight »
waking up is hard to do

Offline Moabite Raider

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »
These lessons we are to learn are contained within the stories, old and new.

Men have watches, God has time.

Lessons can be taught over generations.  Over lifetimes.

God comes and goes... "I will go back to my place until they admit their guilt and they will seek my face, in their misery they will earnestly seek me."

He'll be back.  But misery comes first.

Offline LittleLight

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2015, 06:45:17 PM »
These lessons we are to learn are contained within the stories, old and new.

Men have watches, God has time.

Lessons can be taught over generations.  Over lifetimes.

God comes and goes... "I will go back to my place until they admit their guilt and they will seek my face, in their misery they will earnestly seek me."

He'll be back.  But misery comes first.

Well, we don't have to be too miserable.
I mean there is hope, isn't there?
Sometimes i wonder about myself.
If my whole life hasn't been a big flop.
And then I think, I'm not the same as I used to be.
Life has changed me.
That gives me some hope.
LoL
waking up is hard to do

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2015, 07:07:45 PM »
When you quote scripture, please include Chapter and verse.
Thank you.
Site Administrator

Offline Rainmusic

• the solution is simply really just go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 09:09:36 AM »
Ahm,its a nice conversation you've got going on here,its almost like I can sit here and read all this and whether im here or not it would still continue on..and on..and on...but really,no qualm with all,because if you've found some peace within your self with God,all the better for you.who could argue with that?

Each must find their own.

Main thing is if you're ok or not.

Life can be very philosophical.The hardest part is living with ourselves and each other.

God on the other hand remains the same however we so choose to see Him.It doesn't take away from the truth.A good father will love you just the same....and I tell myself,even if he doesn't always answer right away,or however we...I can understand his workings or reasons.I in my heart know me and mine and I always know,I tried.
Your point-of view-your angle.You can figure or put a mathematical formula to it in terms of numbers,but then spend your entire life theorizing that point as your philosophy to others and yourself.

Your design on Life

Offline Moabite Raider

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »
http://youtu.be/kZ425RKCqco

One and one-half wandering Jews
Free to wander wherever they choose
Are travelling together
In the Sangre de Cristo
The Blood of Christ Mountains
Of New Mexico
On the last leg of the journey
They started a long time ago
The arc of a love affair
Rainbows in the high desert air
Mountain passes slipping into stones
Hearts and bones
Hearts and bones
Hearts and bones
Thinking back to the season before
Looking back through the cracks in the door
Two people were married
The act was outrageous
The bride was contagious
She burned like a bride
These events may have had some effect
On the man with the girl by his side
The arc of a love affair
His hands rolling down her hair
Love like lightning shaking till it moans
Hearts and bones
Hearts and bones
Hearts and bones
And whoa whoa whoa
She said:
Why?
Why don't we drive through the night
We'll wake up down in Mexico
Oh I
I don't know nothin' about nothin' about
No Mexico
And tell me why
Why won't you love me
For who I am
Where I am
He said:
'Cause that's not the way the world is baby
This is how I love you, baby
This is how I love you, baby
One and one-half wandering Jews
Return to their natural coasts
To resume old acquaintances
Step out occasionally
And speculate who had been damaged the most
Easy time will determine if these consolations
Will be their reward
The arc of a love affair
Waiting to be restored
You take two bodies and you twirl them into one
Their hearts and their bones
And they won't come undone
Hearts and bones
Hearts and bones
Hearts and bones
Hearts and bones

Offline Rainmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2015, 06:50:27 AM »
I like that,its neat!

reminds me of one day,it was so hot...like melting...water I thought,water...we all couldn't get enough of water...was such a greatful thing we all started to appreciate water....at last....ahh...those guys past me had their water in their hands,smart boys....then I kinda felt strange....like I was back a few centuries and I laughed to myself...'yeah,its like we all never really left that desert at all,we're all just wandering...wandering,trying to find our way through it and back home.....each one of us....that's where man I sometimes feel is still at spiritually...oh wandering man,look at where your at,look who reigns over you and I....we the specks in the sand...
Your point-of view-your angle.You can figure or put a mathematical formula to it in terms of numbers,but then spend your entire life theorizing that point as your philosophy to others and yourself.

Your design on Life

Offline Moabite Raider

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 11:41:59 PM »
The wandering Jew is me, is you.

I guess Adam was the first wandering Jew, though the story is sometimes attributed to his son Cain who was cursed to wander.  If Adam was truly God's only and first begotten and Eve came from his side, well I guess that's where the one-half came from.  I read that Paul Simon wrote the song inspired by his beloved Princess Leah (Carrie Fisher).  It's all the same story- theirs, Star Wars, Adam and Eve... all of us wanderers on earth and in the heavens alike.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG1L3BMGeY

All of us born of one Father, now apart from Him, trying to find our way back. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx1Pv02w3Q

One Father-- did he abandon us, or did we just wander off?

It is written about this Father-- "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ--- the glorious Father" is the giver of the Spirit of wisdom and revelation given to men as God sees fit, even as given to the man Jesus who God rose from the dead, exerting his power in Christ. (Ephesians 1).

This Spirit, that people speak of-- is the Spirit of God and by that same Spirit Jesus was risen from the dead.  Even today, "those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.  By this Spirit, and through this Spirit we cry Abba, Father... the Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." (Romans 8-)

"If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who lives in you."

So by the Spirit of God we are alive, and yet we live on earth as wandering mortals and apart from the Father we are alone.  We think of our Father as absent, yet His Spirit communicates with our spirit---- and this we call dreams, that so many dismiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTZ76vhnKk&list=PL4B44FA3B928DAF47&index=8

Offline Rainmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 06:53:36 AM »
No,I recall exactly how it happened.

Are we going forward or backwards here? Just a feeling,hard to tell sometimes.

As long as I'm not dropped off and forgotten about to walk home all by myself.

You know like little red lost in the woods all alone,the thought...with all those wolves around and hungry too....

She is not me you know,I am her.

Seeing God in others,what do you want to know? I saw another also.....hello''''

Your design on Life