Author Topic: Positive Energy would be appreciated today...  (Read 2947 times)

Offline LittleLight

• View Profile
Re: Positive Energy would be appreciated today...
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 10:18:35 PM »
Harry you're making me think and wonder.
Jesus denied that he was perfect, he said that only God is perfect.
Since Jesus was not perfect, and since he transcended death, perfection may not be required for immortality.
But beyond that I wonder how any being can be absolutely sure it is immortal.
How can anything be certain that in the next moment it will not disappear?
We do not know for sure what will happen in the next second from now.
Perhaps if we had never known death this would not be a valid question.
If there was no such thing as death, if we were totally unaware of death, there would be no question of mortality or immortality.
We would simply always be.
Now I am wondering what we are.
I must know what I am before I can decide if I am immortal or not.
I need to know what is at stake.
We seem to be individualized self awareness.
I have met people that seem less aware, less awake than others.
So there are degrees of awareness.
Perhaps I can fall down a rabbit hole and gradually lose my self awareness.
My individualized self awareness might die.
That seems like the end but would I know any different?
I cannot think any more.
I do not even know that I care.
I give up, I submit to whatever cause exists.
Whatever drives everything.
I cannot be bothered struggling.
But I am being dishonest.
I cannot submit to evil.
I do not wish to harm anything.
I wish all beings peace and prosperity.
I do not want harm to come to me, and so I do not wish it for anyone else.
waking up is hard to do

Offline Harry Shack

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »
LittleLight, you too make me think, so I will start by saying that as a Christian, I agree that God is perfect (and immortal), but also believe Jesus is the Son of God, so by extension, Jesus is also perfect and immortal. In that belief, Jesus did not NEED to die, but CHOSE to die... and did indeed die and transcend death. All of this was a plan by God to sacrifice His Son for all humankind so that they can be guaranteed salvation and immortality upon death. In this way, Jesus took our imperfection and mortality upon Himself, and in doing so, died our death so that we might be transformed from imperfect mortal beings into perfection and immortality, but only upon our death. So I agree completely with your contention that "perfection may not be required for immortality". Because in the case of Christianity, our imperfect being is capable of perfection and immortality precisely because of the sacrifice of Jesus in our place.

Now, having said all that, I can also say that I cannot prove any of this. This is only what I believe, and I completely understand that it is totally dependent upon interpretation. So I am not trying to debate or convert you or anyone else, and I am not offended by anyone who has a different interpretation. I can therefore completely understand how one might look at my belief and wonder how I can maintain it without a shred of evidence. For this pursuit of proof has been going on for thousands of years. Even Thomas had to have physical proof that Jesus was resurrected from the dead. So if a disciple of Jesus, who was taught for years by Jesus, and was a witness to his many miracles, still needed physical proof to believe in the resurrection, then it is very logical for people today, generations removed to have these same doubts. In these cases, I cannot offer any concrete proof, and can only explain myself in the context of faith.

For faith is what allows one to believe in what is seemingly unbelievable. To this end, I know exactly how one feels as they travel down that "rabbit hole" of self discovery as you say, because I have often taken that journey, and continue to do so even now. I believe we are all continually seeking life answers, and it is frustrating when we cannot discover them. In my case, I found that I could never discover answers to questions such as yours because I realized and accepted the fact that I would never have the understanding I needed to discover the answers. What did happen though, is when I often looked for physical proof, I found spiritual proof instead. Finding the old Prophecies site (and this current one) is an example of that, and from this I became aware of what many here call syncs, or other phenomenons like premonitions and dreams. All of this is what has led me to what I call a True Spirit, that I believe guides not only me, but all humans in a Divine Consciousness for the benefit of all.  Again this is not something that I can prove, but is the sum total of experiences that have led me to this realization, and even now continues to evolve in my being. So I even now I cannot be sure of what I believe because I believe it will continue to change. I only hope that it will continue to grow and provide benefit to me and those I interact with.

In time, I eventually realized that there are many who have come to similar personal revelations, and each person defines and calls it their own term. Some beliefs are very different from my own, and I am completely content with that, for I am sure that there are many that feel the same way about my beliefs. Because each human is so different, each with unique life experiences, I cannot begin to answer all your questions you have,  and believe it would be arrogant of me to even try. The bottom line is I believe each person must find their own path to fulfillment, and if others can share some of their life experiences and beliefs to help them, even if all it does is fill in a single piece of the puzzle of life here and there, then we should all try the best we know how out of love and compassion for one another. This is probably one of the reasons why I continue to come back to this site, for I feel there are many kindred souls here. As for me, I do not know what my purpose is here, but I feel compelled to be here, at least for a little while. At least until what I call the True Spirit guides me to another path. For I feel truly blessed for many reasons, and especially when I feel I can provide service to others. Whether I actually provide any benefit, I often do not know, but that does not prevent me from trying as I feel compelled to. In closing, I am grateful for the opportunity to interact with you, and even if we never interact again, I can truthfully say that you have positively influenced me. For that I thank you and pray that your journey is fulfilling for you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:16:37 PM by Harry Shack »
-Harry
"I had power over nothing."

Offline Carib

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 11:34:17 PM »
Harry, I did not notice April 16th was your birthday; so you are another Aries. Happy belated birthday, Aries! I wish you the best in this year.

Carib

Offline LittleLight

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »
It may not be correct, but this is what I think.
Jesus refers to himself many times as the Son of Man.
Why?
Because he started out like you and I.
He lived countless lives and was the first to graduate to become One with God.
He had no reason to be here anymore other than to help deliver his fellow man.
To help others graduate, to become 'saved' and inherit immortality, and become Sons of the living God, the path to doing so being within each one of us.
They knew beforehand what would happen during his life.
Blasphemes against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but not against the Holy Spirit which emanates from God.
When we believe in the name of Jesus, we are not deciding whether or not he may or may not have existed,
we are deciding whether or not we abide by his teachings which flow through him from God.
The truth about reincarnation was an inner teaching not given to the masses, they would not benefit from it.
waking up is hard to do