Author Topic: Cayce’s Home Remedies  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cayce’s Home Remedies
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2017, 06:54:34 AM »
It's worth a try, WindFeather...let us know how it goes..

Castor Oil for Ear Problems

The ear benefits from local administrations of castor oil, as this report from a longtime A.R.E. member indicates.  The story is told here in the subject's own words, so that her appreciation of the Cayce material can be understood.

". ..Four years ago I had my ears pierced.  They became infected and stayed that way for some time.  I spent a small fortune on doctors and medicine.  I finally remembered the castor oil and used it several times a day - and in three days' time my ears were completely healed and I've had no trouble with them since.

"My sister used warm castor oil drops in her ears after doctors had told her that her hearing had been impaired by having a shotgun go off close to her.  She had a 50% hearing loss and a loud ringing in her ears.  Since she began using the castor oil drops, her hearing has improved and the ringing has almost stopped.  I am looking forward to a long association with the A.R.E."   No wonder!

[Note: The preceding case reports were written by William McGarey, M. D. and is excerpted from The A.R.E. Journal, July, 1978, Volume 13, No. 4, page 172, Copyright © 1978 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Virginia Beach, VA.]
Site Administrator

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2017, 06:59:28 AM »
Overcoming Wilderness Hazards

Every first aid kit, in the estimation of one cooperating doctor, should contain a small bottle of castor oil, some Band-Aids, a castor oil pack and the willingness to fast.  He did not explain how that willingness would be packed with the rest of the items, but he did tell me why he was strongly in favor of including all four.

It seems that he went out into the relative wilderness with his wife, who shortly developed a severe bout of nausea and vomiting.  His examination led him to diagnose her condition as coming from overeating and the change in living conditions, from a "virus," or from a cleansing resulting from a period of meditation in which she felt especially close to the Indians who had lived in that area.  It looked like things were in a bad way, since he had not brought any medications along with him, and they were miles from a pharmacy.  Then he remembered his castor oil pack.  This was applied with tenderness and compassion, and there was certainly a degree of healing in that attitude.  The willingness to fast was already in hand (You should have seen her look at any food offered her), and her recovery was on the way.  She stopped vomiting and in 24 hours was fired up and ready to go again.
    Then her physician husband used his fingers to test a heating element to see if it was on or off.  His fingers were slower than the heating element in transmitting the message, and the pads of his right middle and index fingers were burned.  He had that little bottle of castor oil handy, however.  The fingers were doused in the castor oil immediately, and after an hour Band-Aids, also wet with castor oil, were applied to both fingers.  The pain subsided almost at once.  He confided that he put fingernail pressure on the nerve centers (which I determined were also acupuncture points) of his hand and wrist just proximal to the burned fingers.  The next morning his fingers showed no real sign of the burns, although blisters had already started to form and the seared tissue where his fingers had touched the hot element was obvious.

So, with this story in hand, I determined that I would also include these four little items in my first aid kit every time I departed from close contact with civilization.

[Note: The preceding report was provided by William McGarey, M. D. and is excerpted from The A.R.E. Journal, March, 1977, Volume 12, No. 2, page 85, Copyright © 1977 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Virginia Beach, VA.]
Site Administrator

Offline LittleLight

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2017, 08:09:02 AM »
why do people commit themselves to strenuous excersize?
when a walk or mild work might do
every morning with all their gear on racing down the path like madness reborn
or doing their fast walk with bottles in hand
and the non-stop talker walkers
how can they enjoy the healing sounds and smells of nature?
you can't notice anything when you're busy
not everything has to be a project
the colors the textures the gentle movement and its all lost to the busy bodies
the birds are having a jolly old time
the ants the industrious nature cleaners
waking up is hard to do

Offline windfeather

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »
why do people commit themselves to strenuous excersize?
when a walk or mild work might do
every morning with all their gear on racing down the path like madness reborn
or doing their fast walk with bottles in hand
and the non-stop talker walkers
how can they enjoy the healing sounds and smells of nature?
you can't notice anything when you're busy
not everything has to be a project
the colors the textures the gentle movement and its all lost to the busy bodies
the birds are having a jolly old time
the ants the industrious nature cleaners

well you see people are conditioned to a fast pace life style
even wealthy people don't know how to do nothing
will you sleep and wake up in another dream
just like last time and the time before

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:59:42 AM by windfeather »

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2017, 06:38:51 AM »
I hope you're saving all these thoughtful poems, Windfeather... :)
----------
Castor Oil and Animals

A Virginia veterinarian related to me some of his experiences with the suggestions from the Cayce material.  It seems that many doctors start off with the use of castor oil locally because it is so simple and is always so effective.  It seems that vets occasionally come in contact with raccoons, and ‘coons often bite resulting most of the time in an infection.  The bite is also painful.  Well, my friend, Dr. Helberg, found that he could best treat such a bite by warming castor oil in a pan and putting his finger in the warm castor oil.  The pain goes away immediately, and the finger heals quickly.  How long in the warm castor oil?  Perhaps 15 - 30 minutes.  (I have myself found that the ordinary southwestern scratches - cactus puncture wounds, etc. - respond quickly to liberal application of castor oil locally.)

But the most fascinating story that comes from the field of animal medicine, as recounted by Dr. Helberg, is one dealing with a goat.  It happened that the doctor was called to see this nanny-goat because of a mastitis.  When he looked at her, he saw that one quarter of the udder was black and blue.  This is a serious prognostic sign, and the goat is usually dead within the next 18 to 24 hours. He used Terramycin and cortisone anyhow, but the farmer wanted to know what else he could do.  He was told to bring the goat inside, to keep her warm, then put a castor oil pack on the affected udder with a hearing pad and leave it in place 30 minutes.  Then he was to repeat this in three hours.  The next day, the doctor got a call from the farmer - the goat was running around normally, healthy and apparently completely recovered.

[Note: The preceding report was provided by William McGarey, M. D. and is excerpted from The A.R.E. Journal, January, 1974, Volume 9, No. 1, page 37, Copyright © 1974 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Virginia Beach, VA.]

Site Administrator

Offline LittleLight

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »
i should write something inspiring
it seems i have been forced to retire early.
now with loads of time to discover.
i heard a new bird this morning.
it sounded like a badly played flute
which was so cool
yesterday i came across a field of green grass
with yellow flowers scattered everywhere
with the sun and shadows and the breeze causing
them all to gently sway
waking up is hard to do

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2017, 07:13:44 AM »
Relief from Suffering

A researcher tells the story of a 33-year-old woman who developed terminal cancer two years after a radical mastectomy.  Her therapy had included surgery, radiation, cobalt and betatron treatments, and chemotherapy involving 5FU.  Her condition became more serious: she developed peptic ulcers, elimination problems, and abdominal distention.  She became disoriented and out of touch with reality.  After hospitalization, she was started on castor oil packs over the entire abdomen.  Her urinary tract started working again, and the distention gradually subsided.  She was still impacted, but on the fourth day she started having some bowel activity.  On the fifth day, she had tier first regular bowel movement in weeks.  Her hallucinations cleared up, her vision improved considerably, and she was able to go home from the hospital.

Castor oil packs did not clear up the malignancy we call cancer, but it did aid the sensorium in this woman and brought about a significant improvement of the eliminations.  The packs have done something very worthwhile in the total experience of an individual who is preparing to enter the other side of life through the birth that we call death.

[Note: The preceding report was provided by William McGarey, M. D. and is excerpted from The A.R.E. Journal, July, 1974, Volume 9, No. 4, page 175, Copyright © 1974 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Virginia Beach, VA.]
Site Administrator

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2017, 07:25:33 AM »
Hair Growth with Castor Oil

Castor oil has a way of taking us from the ideals and goals of the present back to the reality of the healing process.  That venerable oil from the castor bean has had a specific use in Venezuela among several old mothers, who are sometimes engaged in instructing young mothers.  One such old mother visited her daughter in Phoenix and noted how her five-month-old grandson had practically no hair at all.  She started immediately to massage his head with the oil 20 minutes before his daily shampoo.  It was no time before the boy had a healthy head of hair.  I have not yet tried that on my bald spot, but I'm thinking about it.

[Note: The preceding report was provided by William McGarey, M. D. and is excerpted from The A.R.E. Journal, November, 1977, Volume 12, No. 6, page 272, Copyright © 1977 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Virginia Beach, VA.]
Site Administrator

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2017, 08:37:43 AM »
Hyperactivity

After a period of therapy, a little boy who could not be kept out of trouble in the examining room on his first visit lost his hyperactivity and became a strong proponent for castor oil packs.  His father used them on his tummy while he watched television.  For almost a year, he would not do without a pack for a single day, and the changes in activity were remarkable enough that he was presented to a symposium of doctors as a case in point.

This little boy was first seen at six years of age, in February, 1967, because of being so very thin, with a poor appetite, severe abdominal pains and severe emotional upsets and temper tantrums. He had a history of severe upper respiratory infections until he was two years old and had had many antibiotic shots.  At the time of examination, he was unable to sit still at any time and was continually active.

After two months on the castor oil packs, he was sitting quietly and turning the pages of a book in the consultation room.  The mother reported that the abdominal pains were much better.  He was eating well and sleeping well and was more normal in every way although he was still having temper tantrums.  He looked forward to taking the packs because they seemed to relax him.
    He was seen monthly throughout 1967.  He continued to progress and gain weight during the rest of the year, and in June, 1968, his weight was up to forty-seven pounds, and he was continuing with the castor oil packs.  He was not seen during 1968 and 1969 because he was doing so well.

When I last saw him in January, 1971, his weight was up to sixty-four and one-half pounds. He had had no colds or infection during this whole year.  He had not needed castor oil packs.  He was doing so well in school that he was in the top reading group in his school.  He had many friends, and during the Summer of 1970 he had been on the swim team and won seven ribbons.  He seemed to be very well adjusted at that time.  His mother stated that once in a while he would have a stomach-ache and would begin to feel a little out of sorts and would ask for his castor oil pack.

In another case, a speech therapist wrote: "After reading one of your medical bulletins, I suggested to the mother of a student of mine (chronic hyperkinetic brain syndrome, age three, also epileptic) that she rub castor oil on the child for a half hour before naps and bedtime.  Site reports that after three days the child still has difficulty in getting to sleep, but that now she sings herself to sleep instead of' the whining-crying and that although she still awakens during the night, she sings instead of crying." The oil, of course, was massaged into the abdominal area.

Our January symposium two years ago centered on this distressing problem.  Now comes a report from James Satterfield (Behavior Today, July 3, 1972) that hyperkinetic children apparently have an immature nervous system.  This was shown by the EEG blips evoked by auditory stimuli, which were fewer in number and of less amplitude than those in the control group. Satterfield, a psychiatrist, studied thirty-one hyperactive children between the ages of six and nine, and twenty-one normal controls.

This is of interest to us, perhaps, because of the concept that the body can be returned to normal, in balance, in development, in function, and because the primary therapy we have been working with in the problem of hyperactivity is castor oil packs applied to the abdomen.  The theory behind this is that such a vibratory influence in some manner causes this central portion of the autonomic nervous system to bring about a coordination and equalization within the body which would then promote a more rapid maturation of the nervous system than would otherwise be expected.

[Note: The preceding report was provided by William McGarey, M. D. and is excerpted from The A.R.E. Journal, March, 1973, Volume 8, No. 2, page 86, Copyright © 1973 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Virginia Beach, VA.]
Site Administrator

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2017, 05:49:30 AM »
Skin Cancer

A 58-year-old Oklahoma woman tells the story of how her skin cancers bothered her constantly for more than 15 years, until she started applying one of the Cayce remedies for such problems.  Her face was the site of the trouble.  She stayed out of the sun or wore a wide-brimmed hat to shade the sun from her skin.  But when she discovered what to do, things began to change.  Here is her story:

"There was a tiny bump on my forehead which never healed.  It formed a scab, it came off, bled a little, formed another scab, ad infinitum.  I finally mixed 2 teaspoonsful of castor oil with 1 teaspoonful of baking soda and placed some of this on the irritated place, covering it with a Band-Aid.  In three days, the irritation disappeared from sight but not from touch.  I could still feel it.  At the end of two more days treating it like this, it was gone and has not recurred."

The skin is an organ that has always fascinated me.  It can be the skin we love to touch, or it can be disfigured and hence repel us. It is known to have a great deal of resistance to disease, but researchers don't really know why.  In acupuncture, millions of unsterilized needles have punctured the skin, yet it is rare indeed that any skin infection is reported.  I have never seen any in my practice; however, some treatments have had a minimum of sterilization.

It has been reported in these pages that castor oil used on puncture wounds has had consistently excellent responses.  Since castor oil tends to increase locally the activity of the lymph, it appears that the Cayce readings saw immunological responses coming from the skin itself by the use of castor oil.

Recently some research on the skin indicated that four minor categories of cells are interspersed among the major cell groups within the skin layer.  These four are: melanocytes; the Merkel cells, which are probably related to the mechanical sensing ability of the skin; the Langerhans cells, involved in the body's immune responses; and the lymphocytes, which interact with the Langerhans.  The Langerhans cells originate in the bone marrow and play a pivotal role in signaling the immune system that the body is under attack from foreigners.  That signal is then transmitted to the lymphocytes, and the response is to remove the foreign material.

The researchers, R.E. Billingham and J.W. Streilein of the University of Texas, explain that the epidermis (the outermost layer of skin) may now be considered similar to the blood in several important ways, the immune response being perhaps the most important.

So let's keep helping that immune response in any way we can!

[Note: The preceding report was provided by William McGarey, M. D. and is excerpted from The A.R.E. Journal, September, 1983, Volume 18, No. 5, page 221, Copyright © 1983 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Virginia Beach, VA.]
Site Administrator

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 06:54:22 AM »
Cerebral Palsy

A report from the father of a nineteen-year-old girl: "'Today is the 244th treatment.  Fourteen months.  I am using the castor oil packs and the wet cell appliance ...  As I mentioned to you in previous letters, she had no reaction whatsoever for eight months of treatments.  At eight months she was able to lift her leg six to eight inches off the floor.  Since last March I have had her walking on ten-foot long walking bars. Her record is seven hundred feet.  No one holds her.  She is now trying to turn around by herself at the end of the bars ... She can now dial the telephone by herself from a written number and talks very intelligently.  She is very much improved mentally.  You would not believe that two years ago she had an IQ of forty.  She is now learning to read in school. To sum it all up - she is improving slow but sure."

[Note: The preceding report was provided by William McGarey, M. D. and is excerpted from The A.R.E. Journal, January, 1973, Volume 8, No. 1, page 43, Copyright © 1973 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Virginia Beach, VA.]
Site Administrator

Offline Eagle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2017, 07:26:02 AM »
OVERVIEW OF BRONCHITIS

I. Physiological Considerations

Bronchitis is an inflammatory condition of the respiratory system brought about by irritant and/or infectious agents. According to the Edgar Cayce readings, in the majority of cases irritants built up within the body are the usual culprit in the etiology of bronchitis as opposed to inhaled irritants, e.g., cigarette smoke, chemical fumes, dust, etc. (which can also cause bronchitis).

The underlying cause was often not to be found in the respiratory system itself but elsewhere. The most recurrent themes throughout the readings were poor elimination, spinal subluxation, and disturbances in the circulatory system. (These, as we see, are the triad mentioned in the readings on "headache.") This is not surprising, for, as indicated in those readings, functional abnormalities which may in turn become structural (pathologic conditions) given enough time may occur in any body organ or tissue as a result of disturbances in these systems in any combination.

The question to be asked now is, "What determines which organs or tissues are affected?" The answer to this is not entirely clear but has to do partly with which of the triad is involved, at what level the involvement is located, the vulnerability of those tissues or organs supplied by that system (i.e., acquired or congenital weakness in such), etc.

Poor elimination results in the accumulation of toxic or irritant material in the alimentary tract, blood, and lymphatics. This implies that the organs of elimination have been unable to keep up with their function and that compensatory changes have been inadequate. Consequently the accumulated toxins produce inflammatory changes in the respiratory system - namely the trachea and bronchi-and in many cases also in the throat, the nasal passages, and the sinuses.

With inflammation, congestive changes occur, further retarding the clearances of waste products in these tissues, thus aggravating the problem. These changes can further impair the nervous impulses controlling circulation (blood, lymphatics) in the respiratory system (overabundance or paucity may result), further compounding the problem.

Subluxation, usually in the third or fourth dorsal centers (but any area of the spine may be involved) causes changes or diversion of nervous impulses (nerve forces) reaching the lungs, bronchi, etc.; this results in circulatory congestion (plethora) in the lungs with attendant inflammatory changes, i.e., bronchitis. This inflammation often extends to the trachea, larynx, nasal passages, and sinuses (lesions in the cervical spine are usually found in addition in these instances). Other organs and tissues in other parts can be affected in a like manner, thus complicating the picture. The digestive system is notably among these. (Note that congestion is associated with toxin build-up.) Case [36] is a good example of multiple organ system involvement.

Qualitative and quantitative changes in the circulatory system have a variety of effects on the body. Overabundant circulation (as in 124-1), apart from causing arterial hypertension, has an adverse effect on the nerve plexuses that regulate blood (and lymph) flow. The result: congestion in various organs, which in the respiratory system produced bronchitis. Anemia, coexisting or resulting from bronchitis, further reduces the functional capacity of the blood.

In a few other cases Cayce mentions other causes and/ or coexistent conditions such as superacidity, tendency to cold and congestion, scar tissue in the area of the vagus center causing cold and congestion, "infectious forces," etc. These, in the final analysis, can probably be explained in physical terms through the mechanisms already described.

That our mental/emotional and spiritual attitudes can cause or exacerbate existing illness is illustrated here (pathologic condition produced by a burn [chemical], negative attitude):

In giving the interpretation of the disturbance here, other conditions than the pathological effects produced must be taken into consideration - if there would be real help for this body.
That which is in the physical disturbing is, ever, the result of breaking a law; either pertaining to the physical, mental, or spiritual.
Here we have a misconstruction of some laws pertaining to the physical and mental. Not as of morality alone, but the entity should or must change the general attitude towards conditions about the entity - its hates, its fears; and trust in those promises that have been made.
Who healeth all thy disease? Who supplyeth life itself? Trust, then, in those promises. As has been given, "If ye call, I will hear and will answer." Use the abilities, then, of the body and of the mind, in a service to Him. (3220-1)
Site Administrator